Perma-Colours' Flocrete is a decorative thinset (3-5mm) resurfacing
material for renovating old or new concrete surfaces. Flocrete is a polymer
modified cementitious single pack mix (simply add water) designed to give
excellent protective durability, while decorating existing concrete in an
unlimited combination of textures, colours and patterns - limited only by the imagination:
therefore a great designers product.
Flocrete is a `cohesive'polymer modified cement, chemically structured to
grow into the concrete matrix. It is not adhesive or merely `glued' to the
concrete surface like other similar products.
How is it done?
- The concrete surface is cleaned of all contaminents and then acid etched
and waterblasted to clear and activate the concrete pores to accept the
- Flocrete is mixed with water and applied by a hopper gun operated by
compressed air to the patterned (stencil or filament tape) concrete surface.
- Flocrete is allowed to dry, stencil or tape removed, swept or blown clean
and then sealed.
- huge cost savings over replacing `tired looking' concrete
- flocrete provides superior compressive, tensile and flexural strengths giving extra life to concrete
- installation is applicable to both commercial and residential situations, interior or exterior, horizontal or vertical
- flocrete will bind to any cementitious product
- textures can be varied to suit different applications ie. Smooth indoor textures or anti-slip textures for steep driveways or pool surrounds
- shear bond test - apparatus tinius olsen grade "A" universal testing machine
Sample condition dry -> 3.25 MPA bond stress average
Sample condition wet -> 3.27 MPA bond stress average
- skid resistance - test method AS/NZS 3661.1
Sample: sealed flocrete -> av. skid resistance value of 67
- surface hardness - between 7 & 8 on MOHS scale (Note 7 = quartz)
- abrasion resistance test - BDRI test method B6 - Appendix C
Average abraded volume = 1.75cm3
20 MPA concrete pavers: average abraded volume = 9.6
60 MPA concrete pavers: average abraded volume = 1.2
(see product info for more details)
- cleaning chemicals
- stencil or filament tape